In recent months I began my journey on Google Plus. To be honest, the first time I signed in I had no idea how to get started. Sure I followed some recommended people, but they were very popular with hundreds of thousands of followers and seemed untouchable.
I set myself a goal to get 1000 followers in two months. Why 1000? Simple, to gain some Google Plus leverage and traffic and most important – to have some Google Plus Cred
While 1000 Followers may seem low to Google Plus Celebrities, 1000 followers is an achievable number.
Now let’s get this straight, I didn’t actually work at this day and night, in fact during the first few weeks I hardly did anything at all, I was learning the ropes.
I recommend dedicating an hour a day to Google Plus, you can spit this up into two half hour segments though at first, it will take some practice to really understand the magnitude of all the options and features hidden in this relatively simple interface.
Getting Started on Google Plus
- Sign up for Google Plus
- Complete Your Google Plus Profile
- Upload banner images and spiffy up your profile photos
- Find two people you know on Google Plus. If you don’t know anyone you are welcome to give me a shout and follow me – Shira on Google Plus.
- Use the Google Plus Search to find things and people that interest you. Search for your topic in the Google Plus search bar and skim through the search results stream until you find something that is interesting or makes you want to comment on. Comment and share posts you think others would enjoy, comment on posts and add the post authors to your topic circle. The more people you interact with, the more visible you will become.
- Set up some circles. Try to limit circles to subjects and include up to 100 people in each circle. You can also have more than 100 people in some circles, however their are advantages to keeping your circles small. Some people may be relevant to more than one circle – that’s natural.
- Start to comment on things you like or are interested in. Be friendly. +1 other people’s posts and comments. Mention people’s name’s in comments.
- Join hangouts. At first this may seem scary, however you usually don’t have to say anything and you can just get some experience! Notice the hangout chat stream. Be friendly and introduce yourself. Join the conversation where you feel confident. This is the best way to make real connections with people.
The more you comment and provide positive information, the more people will pay attention and start to share you in their shared circles. This is one way to instantly gain many Google Plus Followers at once.
So How Do You Get to 1000 Google Plus Followers Fast?
- Your first step is to define your goals. – Define two topics you want to get deeper in on Google Plus. This may be related to your business or simply a passion. Define the number of followers you aim to gain each week.
- Break down your goals into weekly targets. For example – I will gain 50 followers by Sunday
- Define your daily schedule required to attain your goal.
For example – I will sign into Google Plus every day at 10:00 for 30 minutes. My daily activities will include:
- Search for my topic to discover new content
- Look at my circle streams and comment on at least 3 posts.
- Share at least 1 post every day, add something to the post when you share!
- Write a new post on even days of the week – allocate 30 minutes to write quality post
- Find at least 10 interesting people to follow
- Find 1 new Google Plus page to follow, leave a comment on the followed page.
Try to find a few “super stars” for each topic you are interested in. These are people with over 50,000 followers that get a lot of attention on Google Plus. Keep a constant eye on what they post and how they interact with others. Write a relevant post and mention them in your post.
Managing Your Google Plus Reputation
This includes identifying all the various places that people mention your name or engage with your posts.It is very important to thank people for sharing your content, add people that engage with you to your circles, comment on a post when someone mentions your name, and check out who is adding you to their circles.
Integrate the following Google Plus Reputation Management activities into your daily routine:
Use the following URLS , when logged in to your Google Plus Account:
- All Notifications –> https://plus.google.com/notifications/all
- Circle Adds –> https://plus.google.com/notifications/circle
- Mentions Of you –> https://plus.google.com/notifications/mentions
- Your posts –> https://plus.google.com/notifications/myposts
- Other people’s posts –> https://plus.google.com/notifications/otherposts
If you persist you will gain followers and from time to time, your content will go viral (if you make it great!)
This doesn’t happen overnight 🙂