Marketing with video has never been more popular. The huge advantages to using videos for sales pages, products and even social media is no secret.
Video has a higher stick rate as well as a higher conversion rate, providing the potential to make money with video.
If you are using video in your online presence, consider adding video transcription to your process flow.
Provide a Video Transcription – Improve Accessibility and Video SEO
Whether you are uploading your video transcription to YouTube or to your website, you stand to gain:
- Providing your media in multiple formats allows people that don’t want to watch video allows you to retain these visitors on your web page.
- Video Transcription and closed captioning are part of the improved accessibility on YouTube.
- While search engine technology is advancing, audio to text conversion is far from ideal. By providing your video transcription you are improving your video page for search engine optimization.
In addition you may use video transcription for fast product creation. Whether you are transcribing a webinar or private video, or even yourself for your next article or ebook, video transcription services can save you a lot of time, blood sweat and tears in realizing your printed word.
Outsourcing Video Transcription
Let’s face it, there aren’t enough hours in the day. One of the easiest ways to document your calls and meetings as well as videos and audio files is to outsource their transcription.
Here are a few of the top audio and video transcription services online that won’t break your wallet.
1. CastingWords – Powered by Amazon Mechanical Turk workers, you can get your audio files transcribed. Castingwords differentiates between good and poor audio for pricing rates.
2. Speechpad – one of my favorite transcription services due to the fact that their system supports audio inputs from a variety of sources such as audio, video, a url (wow!) and even an RSS feed. Among their clients are the reputable HubSpot, SeoMoz.org, and Mixergy.com.
If you are using your iPhone to record audio for transcription you can even use the speechpad mobile app to record business meetings, audio notes, interviews, etc’.
3. Verbalink is a professional transcription service used by many reputable companies such as Dell, HBO, SONY, FedEx, HP, and many others.
Transcribing Videos Do It Your Self
If you are really strung for cash, you can start off transcribing your own videos.
A simple Notepad file and media player will do. However you may find this process to be frustrating. Having to stop and start the video to catch short sentences and transcribe them can be time consuming.
A slightly more advanced option is to to use software such as Express Scribe. You can start off with their free version. Here is a great post showing you how to transcribe audio to text using Scribe.
No Matter your budget, consider transcribing your videos and sit back and reap the profits!
Work smarter not harder! Get my book on Marketing With Video Using Secret Keyword Tactics from Amazon and learn to siphon traffic with video right away!