Creating User Defined Content For Branding and Social Awareness
If you are starting an online business or creating a product, branding should be on your mind. After all you might as well create a brand while you’re at it.
Brand and Define Yourself or Online Business
If you take this site for example, I made up the term DURU (Guru of doing). Since this is a made up word I went over to the Urban Dictionary (this is a very popular site!) and submitted my definition for Duru –
1. The anti Guru
2. The Guru of doing, the do guru
That duru does what he preaches
Learn by example from the duru
Check it out here: Duru
OF course you need to find the balance between funny and serious for your on business or idea.
Using Viral Social Video Sites
Another great social resource is the fail blog. Now I know your brand is a serious thing. Having a sense of humor can get your brand or linking to go viral…
Here is a funny example:
see more funny videos
Remember, these sites can be a time suck. So here is a simple step by step of going about it:
- Step 1 – Get a feel for the site – Decide how long you will browse each one (5-7 minutes is more than adequate)
- Step 2 – Plan what you will submit. If you need to create a video or need some copywriting, map out your mini project, assigning each step a deadline.
- Step 3 – Submit! Make the actual submission, save all related correspondence.
- Step 4 – Let the world know – Let your friends know about your new content using Twitter, Facebook, You Tube and all other social means!
OF course the best aspects of any social campaign or content is backlinks!
So what are you waiting for?
Got some great examples? Post your comment below 🙂