What Are Mobile App Download Burst Campaigns?
If you have been working in the Mobile app CPA world you have probably come across mobile app burst campaigns.
These are very short CPI (cost per download) mobile app promotional campaigns that can last anywhere from 24 hours to a few days. Payouts on these campaigns can vary greatly and the real question is should you make the effort to promote them.
Here Are the Pros & Cons of Promoting a Mobile App Burst Campaign;
Mobile App Burst Campaign Pros
- Burst campaigns for mobile apps are very often for new apps. These have not yet been saturated on the market and can attract a large number of app downloads.
- Burst campaigns are also published at the last minute so only savvy affiliates pick them up and go the extra mile. This means you are likely to have less competition.
- Burst campaigns for new apps by successful developers often go wild.
Mobile App Burst Campaign Cons
- It usually takes a few days to really get a campaign going strong. Since mobile app download conversions require the user not only to download the app, but also to actually open it there are very often delays in conversions. If the burst campaign is too short, the developer is basically robbing you of a large percentage of conversions you paid for with your traffic.
If the mobile app burst campaign is for a period of 24 hours or less, don’t promote it!
- You might have serious competition from experience mobile app marketers on burst campaigns
What to Look Out For When Deciding Whether to Promote a Mobile App Burst Campaign:
- Is the app brand new on the market? Are there any reviews on the App Store or Google Play? Lack of enough reviews or presence of poor reviews can hurt your conversion rate immensely.
- Experienced or novice developer – Check whether the developer of the app has already been successful in the past. What other apps do they already have on the market? How well did these do (or are still doing) on the App Store / Google Play. If the developer is brand new, you are taking a big chance promoting their burst campaign.
- Compare payouts and creatives for the burst campaign across a few mobile affiliate CPA networks. Developers with a burst campaign budget often go lateral and put their app up for promotion on many networks at once to get the biggest burst of traffic to their app.
Make sure the mobile advertising platform includes specific scheduling criteria. Don’t rely on remembering to return and shut down the campaign
So Should You promote a Mobile App Burst Campaign?
Well it depends….
Comments or questions? Please share them below!