I bet you’ve been wanting to listen to music files right from within your Google Drive.
Well now you can! +Nicolas Garnier just developed one for the Chrome Store and it’s FREE for all!
How to Install and Use the Google Drive Music Player
Watch this video and join me as I install the new Google Drive Music Player.
You can get the Google Drive Music Player From the Chrome Webstore (free) here
Of course this app works only with the Chrome browser, so if you are a Firefox junkie, you will be missing out. Now you can not only get all the music into your Google Drive for trusty cheap storage, you can also listen to it as you work or browse!
Here are a few more tips:
– You can also right click on the Music files inside Google Drive and select Open with > Music Player
– You can also make the Music Player the default application to open Music files then a simple click will suffice
– You can also select multiple files at a time using the checkboxes and right click > open with > Music Player
Lastly you can install the app from inside Google Drive > Create button > Connect more apps (after install you’ll get an interstitial to make the app the default app for audio files).
Music Player for Google Drive offers:
– Playback of MP3 files, MP4, OGG (Audio), WAV, ACC (iTune’s .m4a files), webm (Audio).
To create a playlist with the google Drive Music Player
Simply bookmark your current URL: Opening it will load all the currently selected songs. A proper playlist system will be added in soon (this is brand new and will be developed even further as it is an open source project. Check it out: http://code.google.com/p/drive-music-player/) .
In the image below you can see several opened files (checked multiple files in the Drive Navigation and selected “Open With -> Google Drive Music Player) to produce a mini playlist:
I have now switched over to Chrome for most of my Google Drive activities, have you?
- Using Google Drive for Video Hosting and Streaming
- How to Embed A Google Drive Video in WordPress
- How to Use Google Drive For Your Business
Comments or Questions? Please share them below!
And don’t forget to share this info with people you love 🙂