Last week during the MundoMedia Barcelona Meetup, I had the pleasure of meeting David Kelly from What Runs Where. After picking his brain on Skype and getting a private demo I was stunned. This Web and Mobile Media Buying Competitive intelligence service is incredibly powerful.
Imagine you could mine data on what ads are running successfully, which traffic networks they run on and which banners you should use to promote web and mobile offers, this is pure gold to anyone doing media buying or mobile CPA.
Well WhatRunsWhere, mines this information for you and even allows you to download banners from your competition!
Here is a lowdown of how it works:
There are two sides to WhatRunsWhere:
- Web Display Intel
- Mobile Display & Android in App intel
What Runs Where Mobile Competitive Intelligence Service
Mobile Web Publishing Data
To get the information, What Runs Where crawls around 50,000 mobile publisher sites daily and extracts the following information:
- Who is advertising
- How long they have been advertising
- What creatives (banners) are being used
- Target pages (the final target of the ad) / private landing pages are being used
- The traffic network the ads are running
- Countries the ads are running in.
Mobile In app (Android) Advertising Intelligence Data
What Runs Where is currently the only Android in app competitive intelligence tool. It collects data from in app advertising from around 60,000 Android apps and 60 ad networks crawled. This means you can see who is advertising in certain Android apps, where they are buying their traffic from – Millenial Media, Admob, Smoto etc’, how long they have been advertising, which country these ads are showing in and how frequently they are being displayed.
How to Search For Data Using WhatRunsWhere
There are 4 ways to search in the WhatRunsWhere Service:
- By Advertiser: If you know who you are looking for you can simply search by brand. For example if you search for Galaxy you will find all the ads for anything Galaxy related, whether it is a Galaxy phone or a Galaxy game…
- By keyword to see all the top running ads for that keyword
- Top Ads – Quick search to break down by country, network or ad size and see which are the top running ads on the web or on the mobile web.
- By Publisher: search by the website the banners are being published on. The results will show either websites or apps depending on your search
WhatRunsWhere Incredible Duru Discount
If you are into media buying on the web or in mobile you are probably blown away by what you can do with WhatRunsWhere, and such power does have a price. However I did manage to twist David’s arm and finagle a special Duru discount when you sign up for WhatRunsWhere Trial using This Link
WhatRunsWhere Web+ Mobile Special Annual Duru Deal – If you want both web and mobile intelligence you can grab it now for a whopping $740 discount on a yearly membership (not publicly available elsewhere). That means that when you get it today you pay only $2000 instead of $2740 for a whole year of data mining when you sign up for the WhatRunsWhere Mobile and Web free trial using this link. Considering this tool helps you make more money, it is a great deal.
WhatRunsWhere Special Mobile or Web Duru Deal – If you are just into Mobile Advertising or into Web Advertising you can get just the mobile service or just the web service for a $500 discount, you will pay only $1500 instead of $2000 for an entire year when you sign up for the WhatRunsWhere Mobile free trial using this link
Please shoot me an email here – and let me know which email you used to sign up to WhatRunsWhere with so I can make double sure you get this special WhatRunsWhere Discount (not publicly available elsewhere)
Happy Data Mining!