Why You Should Consider Marketing Your Kindle Book With Video
Congratulations, you’re a published author. Your Kindle book or short document is now live in Amazon. Now where are all the sales?
If you thought publishing your book on Amazon was enough to get you found, think again. If you want to get the word out and draw a crowd to buy you will need to invest some time in promotion.
The good news is that with the right types of online promotion, such as Marketing with Video, a little can go a long way.
Types of Videos to Promote Your Kindle Book
How you can use marketing with video when publishing with Kindle:
- To pre-sell the Kindle ebook document – you try to get people to want what you’ve got and you send them to the product page to buy.
- To show people why they need the Kindle book and what they can expect to learn from it.
- Interviews with people who read your Kindle book or market leaders on the topic of your book.
- Create a Trailer for your Kindle book to add to your Amazon Author Central Account.
- To get a LINK back to the Kindle product page – increasing the number of backlinks for your Kindle product page can help increase its ranking in major search engines; it helps improve search engine presence.
- Get more people to the Kindle product page where they can read more about the Kindle book & buy it!
Amazon Loves Videos
In addition to using YouTube for promotional book videos, amazon provides a huge platform for your Kindle book visibility.
You may have noticed that Amazon incorporates the use of videos in their store platform. For example Amazon is using video to promote their number one bestselling product, the Kindle!
In addition to creating product feature videos, such as the Amazon video for Kindle, there are additional opportunities to use the power of video to get your Kindle book noticed.
Kindle Book Trailers are videos you can create or source and upload directly into your Amazon Author Central account. Author Central is a platform available to all published Amazon authors. You can see an example on my Amazon author Central Profile.
I strongly recommend every Amazon published author take advantage of this platform; above all it is free to join.
Amazon Author Central Videos
Among other things you are allowed to upload up to 8 10 minute videos into your Author Central account. These videos can be in avi, wmv, flv, mov, or mpg format. These videos are uploaded directly into your account, so you cannot embed any YouTube videos into Amazon.
Author Central content is not intended to be promotional. However you can certainly share video interviews, book signing videos, and other videos with readers. Your videos should focus on specific features of your books or your experience as an author.
In other words you can use these videos to discuss your books or events and create some noise and activity.
Many people look into the author profile when deciding to buy a book; this is your chance to show that you are a credible author who has something to say.
Keep in mind that Amazon reserves the right to remove your video without warning should you violate their publishing terms and conditions, so make sure your videos don’t include any of the following:
- Obscene or distasteful content.
- Phone numbers or e-mail addresses.
- Comments relating to book reviews and content visible on the Author Page and detail pages.
- Other people’s material—your thoughts and opinions are what matter.
- Profanity or spiteful remarks.
- Advertisements, watermarks on videos, or promotional material.
- Availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping information.
- Solicitations for helpful votes or positive reviews on your detail pages.
- Spoilers! Don’t reveal crucial plot elements in your books.
Setting your Kindle book up for success starts before the actual publishing process. Get more essential tips to effectively market and sell your Kindle Book in my short kindle document.