How To Embed A Video From Google Drive In Your WordPress Website
In the video above I show you how to embed a video from Google Drive onto your website and save yourself the trouble of having to install a video player or use expensive video hosting.
- Sign into your Google account and access your Drive. (See how to get started with Google Drive here)
- To embed the video locate your video and click on the video file link. The video page will open in a new window.
And you can see the URL for the file, however to share the video with others you will need to modify the Sharing options (found in the File menu)
- You can see the video title and description which you can edit.
Go to File-> Embed this video
- Copy the embed code by clicking in the code box to highlight the code then copy (much like YouTube).
- Go to your website and create a new post or page. Go to HTML view and paste in the Google Drive embed code previously copied.
Save your draft and preview.
- To change the size of the video simply change the width or height values within the parenthesis in two separate locations in the code.
The Google drive video player is the same as the Google Plus Hangouts on Air player. You will note that there is no place to click on the video to go to Google Drive.
Additional options you may consider for your embedded Google Drive video:
- To play in a private membership site: Ensure the video sharing options remain private.
**If your membership site page is set not to be crawled you will need to assign the video “Anyone With The Link” as opposed to “Private” sharing before embedding the video – otherwise your members may not be able to view the video.
- To allow your members to download the via, go to File -> Make Video available for download.
- Add closed captions to your video file to improve accessibility.
Here is the video embedded from Google Drive
More Google Drive Articles You May Like
- Using Google Drive for Video Hosting and Streaming
- Using Google Drive for Research and Images
- Using Google Drive for Your Business
- Listening to MP3′s from Google Drive
- Amazing Google Drive Apps
Comments or questions? Please share them below!