A Bazoogle: Will This Google Doc Rank on It’s Own? Since my recent post on How to Use Google Docs for Internet Marketing, I have received many excited comments and questions about using Google Docs for both Backlinks and Rankings. Mind you when I published the post I had not intended to use Google docs […]
Internet Marketing with Google Docs You may have heard about Google’s document platform called Google Docs. In fact documents attached to Gmail messages are opened automatically in Google Docs. Since these document are placed in Google’ own network, they earn automatic attention from Google (and high page rank too 😉 In fact any article or […]
You Need To Learn This Before You Pay Google AdWords a Cent!
Do You Know Where To Use Your Keywords?
Many people are frustrated with using Adwords ads to run traffic to their sites and are afraid of the Google Slap.
Lot’s of marketers have turned to other advertising sources such as Facebook Ads and Media Buying, where Quality Score requirements less stringent. And there are many aspects you should learn before successfully running your own Adwords campaigns. Some Adwords experts take some of the speculation out of keyword selection and optimization and coast all the way to the bank.
Advertising isn’t free and it’s imperative to optimize every aspect possible. You can have the most valuable buying keywords selected but if your site doesn’t reflect it Google won’t like your site.
Those who master Google AdWords Quality Score follow simple rules. Internet Marketing Duru strikes back and takes mystery out!
Many website owners don’t fully understand how to use their keywords on the site. Often there is a big lack of congruity between the campaign definitions and the destination landing page. And I’m going to share this important information so you can delete your Google Quality Score Nightmare.
It all boils down to focus, focus on what you are advertising and using the same keywords to describe your relevant solution.
4 Great Tips Using Keywords to Improve Your Google Quality Score
1. Keyword in Domain
One great way of conveying what your site is about is to use your keyword in your domain. Sneakiness of such (providing your domain name implies what your business is really about) can bring you unexpected organic traffic as well. Visitors to your site will be pre-conditioned to what you are offering and are more likely to be in your target market. If you’re not doing this you are leaving money on the table!
If you don’t have your keyword in your domain, make sure it appears in the page URL. This is a great opportunity to use long tail keywords.
2. Silo your AdWords Campaign and Your Site
Use your keywords to structure your categories, posts / pages. A great way to determine what your categories should be is to plug in the URL of a competing advertiser into the Google Keyword Tool and use the categories Google associates with the site (appear at the top of the results page).
3. Ensuring Keyword Relevancy
When Adwords gives your ad a Low Quality Score they can’t see the relevancy of your ad to your page in terms of Keywords. Now I don’t want to upset any Google Folk but here is a condensed version of keyword placement;
Keyword in Ad Group
* Keyword in Ad Title
* Keyword in Ad Copy
* Keyword in Target URL
Target Landing Page Keyword Placement
* Page Title / post title
* Page Meta tags -title, keywords, content Meta tags should all contain your adwords keyword.
* Page Content
* Post Headline
* First paragraph
* Last paragraph
* Anchor text links
* In any media Meta tags on the page. For example if you are driving traffic to a video squeeze page you will optimize the video tags and description to include your keywords and possible variations. If you are linking t images, utilize the Meta and tags to include your keywords.
4. Using LSI
Another great way to incorperate the right keywords on you page is to use LSI. LSI stands for Latent Semantic Indexing and in a nutshell pertains to the entire set of keywords fround on the majority of sites according to keyword.
To get LSI Keywords you can use the LSI Keyword Spy at www.keywordlsispy.com, I recommend only using the free version since somehow the paid version doesn’t always work very well. This tool allows three queries per IP address. To get around this, read my post about Private Proxy Services.
Google Adwords actually provides free video training at the AdWords Online Classroom
You may also be interested in The Myth Behind the Infamous Google Quality Score
Google Quality Score – Will Google Like Your Site?
5 Main Considerations that Change the Google Mood Seconds Within Traipsing Your Site.
1. Is Your Domain Private? Privatizing your domain directly affects your quality score.
2. Is your site trashy? What is your site about? Is the site just a sales page? Does the site provide any quality input to the user? Experienced consultants can tell you rubbish site from a good one in the matter of seconds. Google likes to term this under “Relevancy” & “User Experience”.
3. Your Keywords and Content – this has a huge affect on your Quality Score; And although this may be tiresome, you will need some quality content on your site and as they say The More the Merrier.
4. Site Coding and Structure – Keyword density, Meta Tags, Title tags, descriptions, anchor text, use of clean Google friendly code and so on. Outsource this!
5. How Frequently is Your Site Updated? Many of you know why the blogs are so close to Google’s heart, its the update factor. Fresh new content ready for consumption is any search engine spider’s favorite dessert.
Here is a Great Internet Marketing Tip For Retrieving Sent Emails in Gmail – Undo Send I’m sure you have experienced the pleasure of hitting send on an email and then a few seconds later wishing you hadn’t been so trigger happy? Well, now there is a cool gadget in Gmail labs, called Undo Send. […]