Marketing with Video -Branding Your Videos with a Cool Motion Graphics Intro
If you are marketing with video online you probably know what a branded video intro is all about.
Do you have a brand? Few things set videos apart more apparently than good branding. A really great brand can take on a life of its own.
Branding your video is pretty much the same as branding any physical product. When considering your brand you must understand your customer base. Your brand should be:
- appealing to the people you hope to attract
- clear and unambiguous
- relevant to your product
- clearly distinct from your competitor’s brand
With video branding what we are really talking about is video wrapping.
The simplest form of video branding can be to include a watermark of your website address throughout the video.
You can also add in an image overlay or go as far as to create a fancy motion graphics intro that dazzles the viewers and provides a polished and expensive feel.
Adding a branded intro and outro segment to your video is the most obvious way to brand your videos.
The viewer is instantly informed and may recognize your brand in future.
Branded Video Introduction Segment : the Intro
An intro is a short video segment that you put at the beginning of every video to tell the viewer who you are and sometimes what the video is about.
The most effective intros are usually short animated segments.
Your intro might be loud and attention getting or relaxed and subdued depending on your brand and of course your customer base.
Here are a few ideas to get you thinking about creating your branded intro segment:What sort of music/sound bite would appeal to your customer base?
- Do you have a color scheme?
- Do you have a recognizable logo?
- What sort of font would be legible and appeal to your viewers?
- Would one intro segment suit all of your videos?
- Would you like any special effects?
- Do you want to do it yourself or outsource?
If you are on a tight budget you can easily make do with an overlay or watermark of your business logo, website address or even website banner or product name.
Here are a few videos with different types of intro segments:
- Motion graphics intro – dazzle the viewers and provide a polished and expensive feel. The viewer is instantly entertained and may recognize your brand in future. Much like a jingle. The video above is a motions graphics video intro that will begin all my videos from here on out.
- Animated photo intro –simple to create through online slideshow or image animation wizards. Inexpensive and fun, these animated intros could be right for a tight budget. I love using Animoto for this
- Live Action Intro – the most expensive and time consuming type of intro you can make. Unless you are standing behind a company with branding on tap, be aware, live action video has the lowest return on investment.
The Intro should be short.
Remember that YouTube and other social networking sites only count views if the viewer watches until the very end. If your outro is too long they may leave early and the view won’t count (also known as video abandonment).
Intro Segments are Important
Video wrapping and branding is important for any video but it is particularly important if you plan on making multiple videos.
It may be worth attempting to make your own animated segments but this is one area where a professional promotional video production for your intro segment can lift the entire value of your content to new levels.
Let me know how you like my new video intro below!